Everence Financial, Corporate Office Addition and Renovation
Size: 85,000 sf.
Completion Date: 2011
The expansion and renovation of Everence's corporate headquarters was completed in multiple phases to allow for continued business operation. The project provided a new street-facing façade, additional office space and conference rooms, lobby, client lounge, staff break room, and employee wellness center, along with three new office suites. Incorporating a variety of sustainable design features, this building achieved LEED Gold certification by the USGBC.
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a non-profit organization committed to a prosperous and sustainable future for our nation through cost-efficient and energy-saving green buildings. Some of the sustainable features of this project include:
- Bicycle storage and showering facilities, in order to encourage a reduction in automobile usage and emissions, and to promote healthy, active lifestyles.
- Native and adapted plant species in the landscape design, reducing the need for watering, while also reducing the use of fertilizers that can have adverse environmental impacts.
- Sunshades along the south side reducing solar heat gain, while light shelves reflect daylight deep into the spaces.
- During construction, more than 75% of waste materials were diverted from disposal in landfills to be recycled.
- Regional building materials and products that have been extracted, harvested or recovered, as well as manufactured within 500 miles account for more than 20% of the building. This increases the use of local resources and reduces the environmental impacts of transportation.